Houston-based Battalion Oil said last week it completed preparations for a drilling program, including up to 8 wells at Monument Draw in Ward County. Execution is scheduled to begin with a four-well pad. Targets are distributed across Third Bone Spring and Wolfcamp A and B. Battalion will remain the operator, retain a majority interest, and move to a cube development model. Battalion said Aug. 12 it “completed preparations for drilling under new joint exploration and development agreement with drilling expected to commence prior to end of August 2026.”
Matt Steele, CEO, added, “Our midstream investments at Monument Draw came in ahead of schedule and under budget, and we are already seeing the benefit in record well productivity and increased throughput capacity. Additional compression secured during the (second) quarter will further improve reliability starting in mid-Q3 and support production growth from our active drilling program.”
Battalion had Q2 sales of 12,407 boed (45 percent oil, 70 percent liquids). The company sold its West Quito assets for $60.1 million and acquired 7,090 net acres contiguous with Monument Draw to expand its consolidated position in the region to about 27,097 acres.










Leave a Reply